Mobil National Rebrand
In 2017, Loblaws announced that it was in the process of selling all 213 of its gas stations across the country for $540 million to Brookfield Business Partners and its partners - [Read More]. This massive acquisition required the total rebrand of all gas stations over to Mobil; a project involving 300 sites across Canada with 76 locations in Alberta and Saskatchewan alone.
The Timeline + Sign Specs
Our work began in November 2017 with installations occurring from January to September 2018. With a tight timeline for brand launch, our team had just over two months to manufacture all signs. Our three PM branches banded together to deliver on all project requirements – an incredible accomplishment!
This project involved:
- Manufacturing and installation of Mobil Canopy Fascia to meet brand standard
- Manufacturing and installation of Mobil Building signage including channel letters and fascia cabinets
- Manufacturing and installation new pylon faces
- Coordination of electrical supply and final electrical connections as required
At the peak of the project we were completing 5 canopy rebrands a week!
A Total Collaboration
This national rebrand required a dedicated management team and the total collaboration of our three branches:
- The Saskatoon branch manufactured panel systems
- The Edmonton shop manufactured all wordmarks and cladding
- The Calgary shop acted as the distribution hub and handled the build of custom panels